This blog chronicles my life as I try to balance healthy lifestyle habits with my husband's penchant for pizza rolls and my daughter's desire to watch iCarly 8 hours a day. It contains a mostly humorous, kind, and somewhat spiritual look at everyday life and the people who live it.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

With any other job I'd have been fired by now

Steve has been mentioning (complaining) lately that I don't say anything nice about him in my blogs. Clearly he hasn't read many of my blogs because I constantly wax on about how much I love him and find even his minutest personality detail to be adorable. BUT, never let it be said that I don't take criticism well...so this one's for you babe:

I am a stay-at-home mom of an at-school-all-day kid. I admit it, my life is softer than that fake cream filling in a Twinkie. Not that I don't sometimes work hard because I do, I just don't always work hard. For example, this is how our room sometimes looks...



















And this is how our dinner sometimes looks...





And frankly, this is how our child sometimes looks...

So I know the truth, from any other job I'd have been fired. The cleaning is haphazard, the cooking is boring (or worse), the child is dirty. My only responsibilities are to keep the house clean, the family fed, and the child clean. I don't always live up to my job description but I rarely ever hear a complaint.
So, thanks Steve for being such a good sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! Love the food photo!