This blog chronicles my life as I try to balance healthy lifestyle habits with my husband's penchant for pizza rolls and my daughter's desire to watch iCarly 8 hours a day. It contains a mostly humorous, kind, and somewhat spiritual look at everyday life and the people who live it.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

After a long hiatus I am back to blogging. It feels good to return to writing, kind of like putting on a comfortable pair of pajamas and rereading a favorite book. Our family spent the past 8 days visiting family and friends in Ohio. Whilst there I came clean about my blogging pasttime with Chellie and my mom. I was self conscious when I found out that Steve was reading my blog. I am self conscious knowing that Chellie or my mom may be reading my blog, but I couldn't hold the knowledge in any longer. I think I'd like to be a writer. I think I'd like to entertain, inform, and encourage people with my words. Debbie encourage me to identify myself as a freelance writer this year. Steve laughed saying that right now the emphasis is all on the "free" part. That's okay. Do what you love and the money will come.

I have so much energy for this new year: I will kick the sugar addiction, make all my own cleaning and beauty products, find a new house, decorate my new house in an eco-friendly manner, become a paid writer, buy only amazing quality organic sheets, and hand make all of the gifts I give. Sound ambitious? Well, it is. I am. I am ready. I am energized. I have been slumbering away the past 4 months, conserving my mental energy, building up my reserves, and learning what is most important to me. Now is the time for action!

I frequently feel this way at the beginning of a new year. I'd like to say that this feeling has historically lasted through December, but generally it has given way to apathy, despair, boredeom, disillusionment, and laziness sometime around Valentine's Day. This year will be different because I am different. I had never blogged before. I had never taken this much time to find a new home. I had never lived in Massachusetts. I had never regularly and thoughtfully explored what is important to me and why it is important. This blog helps me to do that.

So, onward and upward, Happy New Year, I am woman, hear me roar, and Get Ready, Get Set...

...I am Ready to Go!

No comments: