This blog chronicles my life as I try to balance healthy lifestyle habits with my husband's penchant for pizza rolls and my daughter's desire to watch iCarly 8 hours a day. It contains a mostly humorous, kind, and somewhat spiritual look at everyday life and the people who live it.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The January Doldrums

Our household is feeling the January doldrums.  The blahs.  Steve is home sick from work.  I am having to talk myself into going to the gym, folding that last load of laundry, and/or cooking dinner.  Our daughter is trying to fry her brain with too many The Suite Life of Zach and Cody reruns.

Yep, it's the end of January all right.

I read a feng shui book that had a lot of information about stale energy.  If I have any energy at all right now it is certainly stale, so I thought I'd get the book out again and brush up on the cures.  It turns out the cure to stale energy is to get moving.  sigh.  I don't want to get moving, but okay, I'll play along.  The book said to move 21 items in your home.  Unfortunately cleaning up, while extremely good, doesn't count as moving items.  I think I'll give it a try.  That candle on the mantle that has been collecting dust could be (dusted) moved upstairs to my bedroom.  The picture frames that I keep meaning to fill could be filled and hung up.  Maybe the throw pillows on the couch in the living room could be switched with the ones on the couch in the basement?  Perhaps I can recycle a pretty glass jar I received at Christmas as a new pen holder on my desk.  Maybe I'll even add a ribbon to it.  Or add a fun label to the jar.  Heck maybe I'll print out a collection of black & white toile labels and give my desk a coordinated French country look.

Okay, maybe there is something to moving 21 items.  Just thinking about moving the items I feel more energetic.  I'll start with moving the biggest item: myself, and then see where it goes from there.

Happy January!

5 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I'm constantly rearranging things in my house. It is the least expensive idea I know of to get some positive energy going. Change is good.

Beth said...

I completely agree with you Karen, and so does an ancient Chinese science! The Chi in your house must be great. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea ....it's that darn getting moving that is the clincher. We actually saw a little sun today while it was 22 and windy but we still saw the sun. So I guess that is good.
Love your blog

Beth said...

It is amazing how much the lack of sun affects our moods, isn't it? It has been gray and overcast here for days - not all day, but just enough so that you feel the gloom. Right now all I want to do is curl up with a good book and stay inside. But the laundry is calling...

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter deutschland de[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]dwd wetter[b][/url]