This blog chronicles my life as I try to balance healthy lifestyle habits with my husband's penchant for pizza rolls and my daughter's desire to watch iCarly 8 hours a day. It contains a mostly humorous, kind, and somewhat spiritual look at everyday life and the people who live it.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Have you said "I Love You" today?

I just returned from the funeral of a 17 year-old boy who died unexpectedly during a routine operation.  The experience was just as devastating as you think it was.

The boy's father gave a beautiful, stirring eulogy that captured his son's life and made the congregation laugh and cry.  Mostly cry.

The essence of the eulogy was this: life is short.  Life is unpredictable.  Grab hold of the ones you love, hold on tight, tell them you love them.

And for God's sake, kiss your kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got it.....11 and 14 and I will kiss them in honor of him.