This blog chronicles my life as I try to balance healthy lifestyle habits with my husband's penchant for pizza rolls and my daughter's desire to watch iCarly 8 hours a day. It contains a mostly humorous, kind, and somewhat spiritual look at everyday life and the people who live it.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Grace #13 The Internet

I don't care whether the internet was created by Al Gore or an MIT thinktank, I think it is the greatest invention of my lifetime. I use the internet daily to find out everything from ways to use baking soda to finding a home. I know there are many issues with internet safety, and as my 10-yr-old gets more adventurous online these things loom larger on my horizon, but I think that used properly, the advantages of the internet far outweigh the disadvantages.

I have recently joined Facebook. I initially joined because a friend in Cincinnati asked me to join so we could catch up on each other's lives without having to schedule phone calls. I don't do very much on Facebook, but I really like the idea that I can find people, if I choose to do so. Friends, distant relatives, estranged family members, old classmates, they're all out there waiting to be found, reconnected with, and remembered.

And the information available on every subject and from every source! Medical problems, recipes, household tips, decorating ideas, online purchasing, and a billion other things: all at the touch of my fingertips whilst I sit comfortably in the privacy of my own home.

Does life get any better than this?

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Yes! It does get a bit better...a BFF like you to surf the web with!