This blog chronicles my life as I try to balance healthy lifestyle habits with my husband's penchant for pizza rolls and my daughter's desire to watch iCarly 8 hours a day. It contains a mostly humorous, kind, and somewhat spiritual look at everyday life and the people who live it.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Metaphysics at work, or just a Sprain?

I am having trouble walking on my right foot. Back in late March, while doing aerobics, I felt a little twinge in my right foot across the top of the foot from toes to ankle. I felt the twinge a couple of more times and thought it was time to get new aerobics shoes. I bought the new shoes. Still occasionally felt the twinge. Then it became an ache. Then it moved on to being a shooting pain. Finally it came to rest as a take-your-breath-away-stabbing-sensation whenever pressure was put on my right foot.

At this point most intelligent beings would go to the doctor. I don't have a Primary Care Physician yet because I haven't been sick and it just seemed like one more thing to have to do, so I opted for the internet diagnosis instead. The internet did a pretty good job. I found out I should be using the RICE Method (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation). If you've been following my entries, you know that I struggle with Patience, so I RICEd for a day and then went back to my usual routine. I was fine for a day. Then the shooting pain began again. I RICEd for a couple of hours. Taped up the foot. Went on with my usual routine. Then I added an ankle brace. Then crutches. Finally I decided that perhaps a medical practitioner should be involved, you know, just for a consult...

Now from a metaphysical perspective this injury would be a sign that I am having trouble moving forward. That's true: I have had some serious doubts that we'll ever get to closing on the new house. I haven't fully found my rhythm, my crowd, my group in Massachusetts. Still, I have the desire to move forward. I have the ability to move forward. I even have an affirmation about moving forward:

I understand clearly and I am willing to change with the times. I am safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If some оne ԁesіrеs expeгt vіeω
on the topic of running а blog afterward і rеcommend him/her to
go to see this website, Keep up the good ωork.


my web-ѕite hcg diet scam